Project Name: Qantaslink Relocation Works
Location: Qantas Jet Base, Mascot
Client: AW Edwards
Civilcraft were engaged by AW Edwards to undertake civil works related to the relocation of the existing QantasLink operations from Terminal 2 to Buildings 167 and 171 within the Qantas Jet Base north of Terminal 3. The relocation works required the installation of a fuel spill drainage system for aircraft refuelling services necessary for the operation of aircraft. This project required co-ordination with Qantas and Sydney Airport Corporation Limited (SACL) to ensure the existing operations at Terminal 3 and the Qantas Jet Base remained unaffected.
- Construction of floodlight footings and associated duct bank infrastructure
- Sawcutting and Pavement demolition using excavators and pneumatic hammers
- Design, Supply & installation of sacrificial sheetpiles with horizontal bracing
- Supply and installation of a dewatering system with 6 inch pumps, well points,
sedimentation tank for pits & stormwater pipes
- Earthworks to subgrade level and disposal of spoil classified as ENM
- Lay stormwater drainage pipeline and backfill with 20 MPa concrete.
- Form and pour reinforced concrete stormwater pits
- Construction of 200m of ACO Powerdrain S300K Grated Drain
- Construction of 150mm deep 5MPa Lean mix concrete subbase
- Construction of 300mm deep PCC flex concrete pavement.
- Joint Sealing works