Project Name: Replacement of Landscape Gravel
Client: Sydney Desalination Plant
Location: BlueWater Joint Venture
Civilcraft were engaged by BlueWater Joint Venture to Remove asbestos contaminated landscape gravel and replace with quarry based gravel at the Sydney Desalination Plant. The total area of the works was 32,000 square meters.
The project interfaced with the desalination plant operations and required a high level of coordination with the plant operators to allow for deliveries to come in on a daily basis without impeding the operations of the plant.
The works are to include:
- Remove recycled gravel from all surface areas on the Sydney Desalination Plant,
- Remove and dispose of weed matting or geo-textile that is below gravel areas,
- Supply and place new weed matting or geo-textile,
- Supply and place nominal 20mm aggregate sourced from a quarry product,
- Traffic management inside the plant. Maintaining a clean site.
- Coordination with BWJV in relation to any third party requirements (ie. Industrial Hygienist)