Project Name: Weigh-in-Motion Pavement Repairs
Location: DP World Terminal, Port Botany
Client: DP World Sydney
DP World Sydney engaged Civilcraft to construct new concrete approach slabs to replace the existing asphalt pavement at the Weigh-in-Motion facility within their Port Botany Terminal. The Weigh-in-Motion facility is used to capture and record axle weights and gross vehicle weights as the vehicles drive over the pavement. The existing asphalt pavement was constructed during the original terminal development and was showing considerable signs of failure including heavy rutting of the asphalt surface.
The project interfaced with terminal operations and required a high level of coordination with DP World Operators and personnel in order to minimise disruption to the terminal operations as one Weigh-in-Motion lane had to be closed while the works took place.
The works are to include:
- Preparation and submission of a detailed Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP),
- Site preparation including locating and isolating existing services,
- Sawcutting of existing asphalt pavement,
- Demolition and milling of existing asphalt pavement,
- Bulk earthworks and subgrade preparation,
- Construction of reinforced concrete approach slabs,
- Application of Rubber Bitumen Bandaging (RBB) to seal joints.