Honeywell - Ground Base Augmentation System
Location: Sydney (Kingsford Smith) Airport
Client: Honeywell Aerospace / Airservices Australia
Description: Civilcraft, in association with Honeywell, was contracted by Airservices Australia to upgrade and undergo replacement works on the Sydney Ground Based Augmentation System (GBAS) system located at the southern end of the main runway at Sydney Airport. The works involved replacing four remote satellite measurement units (RSMU) receiving antennae and the VHF VDB antenna array.
As the works were conducted adjacent to a live runway, a high level or coordination was required to ensure no disruption occurred to plane movements in and out of Sydney Airport.
Summary of works:
- Removal of six existing “ACO Cablemate” pits
- Supply, installation and connection of conduits to pits
- Removal of frangible posts and rope barrier
- Raising of existing plastic earth pits
- Supply and lay weed mat
- Construction of base course layer
- Construction of concrete kerbs
- Backfilling and stabilisation works