DoD - NAPMP 2014-20
Location: RAAF Bases NSW and Victoria
Client: Department of Defence
Description: Civilcraft was selected as the most suitable value for money Head Contractor to undertake the National Aircraft Pavement Maintenance Programme (P1004) for the Department of Defence.
The six year contract which commenced in 2014 covers a total of eight Bases along the Eastern seaboard of Australia which forms part of Construction Package 1.
The NSW Defence Bases included RAAF Base Williamtown, RAAF Base Richmond, Holsworthy Airfield, Jervis Bay, Nowra and also the following in Victoria, RAAF Base East Sales, Puckapunyal Military Area and RAAF Base Williams (Point Cook).
Defence has a very proactive approach in maintaining and preserving their airfields using specialised contractors and products to ensure the life of the pavements are extended as much as possible.
Summary of works:
- Rubber bitumen bandaging works (RBB)
- Polymer modified emulsion works (PME)
- Fuel resistant membrane works (FRM)
- Asphalt repairs
- Concrete crack rout and sealing
- Concrete joint sealing
- Concrete joint small spall repairs
- Semirigid epoxy repairs (SRES)
- Paint marking and rubber removal
- Asphalt grooving
- Airfield in ground and above ground light replacement
- Rubber removal
- Runway friction testing