Port Authority of NSW - Gangway Infrastructure Works
Location: Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay
Client: Port Authority of NSW
Description: Civilcraft was engaged by the Port Authority of NSW to undertake the construction of infrastructure at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay to accommodate the the arrival of two new rail mounted gangways.
Due to significant challenges in cruise capacity and the previous gangway system posing extreme operational and safety risks, the decision was made to significantly upgrade the gangways for the safe movement of passengers between the terminal and port vessels.
Civilcraft was selected based on their value for money construction methodology which gave the client confidence we could maintain daily port operations and achieve the tight program set for the arrival of the new gangways.
Summary of works:
- Demolition and removal of the existing seaward rail
- Demolition and removal of various existing pavements for new landward beam
- Excavation, protection and redirection of existing services
- Staged construction of new seaward and landward concrete rail beams
- Supply & installation of the new rails and associated hardware, including earthing
- Restoring the wharf surfaces on each side of each rail beam