AW Edwards - QantasLink Relocation Works
Location: Qantas Jet Base, Mascot
Client: AW Edwards
Description: Civilcraft was engaged by AW Edwards to undertake civil works related to the relocation of the existing QantasLink operations from Terminal 2 to Buildings 167 and 171 within the Qantas Jet Base north of Terminal 3. The relocation works required the installation of a fuel spill drainage system for aircraft refuelling services.
This project required coordination with Qantas and Sydney Airport Corporation Limited (SACL) to ensure the existing operations at Terminal 3 and the Qantas Jet Base remained unaffected.
Summary of works:
- Demolition of existing heavy-duty pavement
- Earthworks to subgrade level and disposal of spoil classified as excavated natural material (ENM)
- Design, supply and installation of sacrificial sheet piles with horizontal bracing
- Installation of a dewatering system which included with six inch pumps, well points, sedimentation tank for pits and stormwater pipes
- Install stormwater infrastructure including stormwater pipes, cast in situ pits and ACO Powerdrain S300K grated drain
- Construction of floodlight footings and associated duct bank infrastructure
- Construction of heavy-duty pavement consisting of a lean mix concrete subbase layer and a PCC flexural concrete layer
- Joint sealing works