Qantas Airways - Wide Body Aircraft Early Works
Location: Qantas Jet Base Mascot
Client: Qantas Airways Limited
Description: This project was undertaken as part of the Qantas master plan to construct a new hardstand area for the maintenance and washing of Boeing 747 aircraft at the Qantas Jet Base in Mascot. To allow for the wingspans of this aircraft type, a nearby roadway and security gates used by catering trucks to access aircraft had to be relocated resulting in the loss of several carpark spaces.
Civilcraft was awarded this contract to facilitate Qantas staff with additional parking on the Jet Base.
Summary of works:
- Bulk earthworks of existing grassed verges
- Demolition of existing kerbs, footpaths, pavement and pits
- Installation of new concrete precast pits and grated gully pits to suit new levels
- Construction of new concrete kerbs, dish drains, footings and retaining walls
- Construction of subbase and basecourse layers
- Installation of new compliant landside/ airside chainwire fencing
- Linemarking works
- Relocation of existing gas bottle storage area
- Guardrail rectification works
- Turfing of disturbed areas