Department of Housing - Smart St Upgrade Works
Location: Smart Street, Fairfield
Client: NSW Department of Housing
Description: Civilcraft was engaged to construct a new roadway, drainage, path paving, vehicular crossing at Smart Street, Fairfield. These works formed part of an adjacent 45-unit affordable housing development initiative undertaken by the State Government.
This project involved a high level of coordination and staging to minimise disruptions to traffic and the local residents.
Summary of works:
- Demolition, excavation and disposal of concrete structures
- Excavation of material to allow for the stormwater infrastructure works
- Installation of 375mm diameter reinforced concrete pipes and precast concrete pits and backfilling of pipes
- Installation of subsoil drainage line
- Construction of concrete kerb and gutter and associated footpath in Smart Street
- Construction of road pavement which consisted of subbase, basecourse and asphalt