Blue Water JV - Asbestos Remediation Works
Location: Sydney Desalination Plant
Client: Blue Water Joint Venture
Description: Civilcraft was engaged by the Blue Water Joint Venture (BWJV) to remove asbestos contaminated landscape gravel and replace with quarry based gravel at the Sydney Desalination Plant. The total area of the works was 32,000 square meters.
The project interfaced with the desalination plant operations and required a high level of coordination with the plant operators to allow for deliveries to come in on a daily basis without impeding the operations of the plant.
Summary of works:
- Removal of recycled gravel from all surface areas on the Sydney Desalination Plant
- Removal and disposal of weed matting and geo-textile that is below gravelled areas
- Supply and placement of new weed matting or geo-textile
- Supply and placement of nominal 20mm basalt aggregate
- Implement traffic management within the site